Monday, May 4, 2015

The Kids' Guide to Staying Awesome and In Control: Simple Stuff to Help Children Regulate their Emotions and Senses On Sale

Title : The Kids' Guide to Staying Awesome and In Control: Simple Stuff to Help Children Regulate their Emotions and Senses
Category: Autism & Asperger's Syndrome
Brand: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
Item Page Download URL : Download in PDF File
Rating : 5.0
Buyer Review : 18

Description : This particular The Kids' Guide to Staying Awesome and In Control: Simple Stuff to Help Children Regulate their Emotions and Senses functions excellent, user friendly as well as change. The cost of this became much lower as compered to other areas My partner and i reviewed, rather than a lot more compared to equivalent merchendise

This kind of subject Offer exceeded the anticipation, this has developed into a fantastic replace on me personally, The concept showed up safely along with speedily The Kids' Guide to Staying Awesome and In Control: Simple Stuff to Help Children Regulate their Emotions and Senses


Packed with simple ideas to regulate the emotions and senses, this book will help children tackle difficult feelings head-on and feel awesome and in control!

From breathing exercises, pressure holds and finger pulls, to fidgets, noise-reducing headphones and gum, the book is brimming with fun stuff to help kids feel cool, calm and collected. They will learn how to label difficult feelings, choose the perfect strategies and tools to tackle them, and use these correctly whether at home or at school. The strategies and tools are accompanied by cartoon-style illustrations, and the author includes useful tips for parents and teachers as well as handy visual charts and checklists to track learning and progress.

Armed with this book, kids will be well on their way to managing difficult emotions and feeling just right in whatever situation life throws at them! Suitable for children with emotional and sensory processing difficulties aged approximately 7 to 14 years.




Review :
Though talk therapy and cognitive behavioral treatment are effective some students need an immediate strategy they can easily le
As a Social Worker who provides counseling to elementary school students I am always looking for ways to help my students who struggle with self-regulation. Though talk therapy and cognitive behavioral treatment are effective some students need an immediate strategy they can easily learn and utilize in the moment. This book has addressed the gap between the behavior and the time it takes for the child to learn various other management skills. I've used the book in my sessions to teach the strategies in 5 minutes. It is satisfying to see my students using "finger pulls", "wall pushes" and other strategies I've taught from the book as a way to self-regulate in the moment. I highly recommend this book as a resource for anyone attempting to help a child understand how to manage intense emotions.

AN ABSOLUTE MUST FOR EVERY PARENT AND TEACHER!!!
This is an amazing work for educators, parents, and children! The language is clear, but the ideas are profound. As someone who works with children with an array of disabilities, I can't thank Lauren enough for publishing this guide. When I think of how much simple exercises such as "the finger-pull" or pressure holds and breathing techniques have helped the children I work with, I am amazed. I only wish this book was around 20 years ago when I was raising my own children!!

Teaches Great Skills that work!
I am a therapist who recently started working with kids who had sensory issues. When this book arrived, my 11 year old saw it and asked to read it. I recently learned that she has actually been using some of the exercises she learned about in the book. Yesterday, I commented that I noticed she has been doing great recently behavior and attitude wise, and she mentioned the pretzel she learned in the book has helped her at school when she feels nervous or angry. So this is definitely helpful and teaches kids some great skills. I learned a whole lot and based on what my kid said, the exercises actually work!

No comments:

Post a Comment