Friday, May 1, 2015

Smart but Scattered: The Revolutionary "Executive Skills" Approach to Helping Kids Reach Their Potential On Sale

Title : Smart but Scattered: The Revolutionary "Executive Skills" Approach to Helping Kids Reach Their Potential
Category: Attention Deficit & Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders
Brand: Guilford Press
Item Page Download URL : Download in PDF File
Rating : 4.4
Buyer Review : 147

Description : This kind of Smart but Scattered: The Revolutionary "Executive Skills" Approach to Helping Kids Reach Their Potential performs great, simple to use and change. The cost of is was reduced than other locations My spouse and i explored, and never much more compared to equivalent product

This unique obcject provides surpasses out prospect, that one has turned into a fantastic buy for myself personally, The theory appeared securely along with speedily Smart but Scattered: The Revolutionary "Executive Skills" Approach to Helping Kids Reach Their Potential


There’s nothing more frustrating than watching your bright, talented son or daughter struggle with everyday tasks like finishing homework, putting away toys, or following instructions at school. Your “smart but scattered” child might also have trouble coping with disappointment or managing anger. Drs. Peg Dawson and Richard Guare have great news: there’s a lot you can do to help.

The latest research in child development shows that many kids who have the brain and heart to succeed lack or lag behind in crucial “executive skills”--the fundamental habits of mind required for getting organized, staying focused, and controlling impulses and emotions. Learn easy-to-follow steps to identify your child’s strengths and weaknesses, use activities and techniques proven to boost specific skills, and problem-solve daily routines. Small changes can add up to big improvements--this empowering book shows how.



Review :
Great for Parents
I noticed that a lot of reviews were written by special ed teachers and psychologists, and wanted to add mine as a parent. This book FINALLY shed light on the challenges my son faces at home and school. It not only gave me concrete tools and ideas to help him strengthen his executive skills, but also an understanding of what was going on, which led to more patience on my part. Nagging him to get organized and constantly reminding him to stay on task was not helping. His executive skill weaknesses were beginning to lead to low self-esteem and a "better not to try than to fail" attitude. This book has helped me to begin turning that around. It was recommended to me by a psychologist. If anyone has ever hinted that your child might be ADHD-- read this book before accepting any labels.

Facing my own weaknesses in helping my children
Another parent here. I have three highly gifted kids who nevertheless seem unable to accomplish simple tasks. A friend recommended this book, and it's forcing me to endure a complete paradigm shift, not only about my expectations for them, but of my own weaknesses in this area. Sure, I've had trouble staying organized, I start tasks only to leave them half-completed, and I feel like I have far more potential than I produce. But until I took the inventory for parents in this book, I didn't realize how truly weak my own executive skills are all around (unless I'm inspired, and then I'm a machine! ... just like my daughter). My husband took the quiz and -- not surprisingly -- his EF (executive function) skills are nearly off the charts on the other end. He laughed a little as he said he wondered how honest I was going to be, but he agreed with my self-assessment. Suddenly, I understand why a disastrous house sends me into tears, but he can get to work and make it spotless in a couple...
Great Book to Help Your Child with Their ADD
This book is fantastic for anyone that has a child with ADD. This book provides easy-to-follow steps to identify your child’s strengths and weaknesses, use activities and techniques proven to boost specific skills needed to overcome ADD. I have noticed a vast improvement in my child since implementing techniques. I have suffered from ADD as well and have taken medication such as Adderall and recently started using a supplement called Adderdrene Adderdrene XR - Scientifically Formulated to Increase Brain Function, Mental Focus, Memory, and Provides Immediate and Long-Lasting Energy! to help with my ADD, it really helps to keep my mind focused and helps me make it through the work day. Thank you, and definitely read this book if your child has ADD.

No comments:

Post a Comment