Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Architectural Record Promo Offer

Title : Architectural Record
Category: Architecture
Brand: McGraw-Hill Companies
Item Page Download URL : Download in PDF File
Rating : 4.0
Buyer Review : 20

Description : This particular Architectural Record functions great, easy to use and change. The cost of is was reduced as compered to other areas we explored, and never far more when compared with comparable product or service

This unique item delivers overtake out prospect, this has chaned into a fantastic replace on myself, The theory appeared securely and also swiftly Architectural Record



Essential to the profession for more than 110 years, Architectural Record provides a compelling editorial mix of design ideas and trends, building science, business and professional strategies, exploration of key issues, new products and computer-aided practice.


Review :
Pay attention to your own needs
I asked a friend of mine who is an architecture student to recommend a good magazine for me--a casual reader. He suggested Architectural Record (AR) immediately. I followed his lead and started buying AR from bookstores. After reading about one year, I got some opinions on the pros and cons of this magazine and would like to share them with prospective readers/subscribers. Please note that my evaluation is from a layperson's point of view. It might not work for professionals.

I think the goal of AR is to keep people updated about what's happening in the architectural communities around the world, to present the latest works, and to reveal some patterns or trends in today's design. Based on this mission, I think AR does a great job.

But if architecture is only your hobby, AR might be too much for you. At least we are not making a living with it and do not have to know everything about it. Chances are that only a small part of the content in each issue might...
No Magazine yet and No Service that cares!!!!!
Order the magazine directly from publisher if you want to get it... I'm in my second attempt via Amazon's magazine dept to find out where the magazine is. Ordered in December and should have received it at latest on Feb 6. Today is Mar 22.

Just got off the phone with synapse mag svc, they're going to have someone call me in 3-5 business days to complete a "customer service action form". Them I'm sure there'll be another several days wait for them to find out they screwed up, fix the problem and tell me I'll get my magazine in 6-8 weeks.

If I ever get the magazine, maybe I'll review it here next time.

BUYER BEWARE!
I love the magazine... but unfortunately had to cancel my subscription because Synapse Inc. (the company that is shipping arch-record through amazon) is incompetent. The magazine arrived badly damaged (they don't wrap it in plastic when they ship it); to be honest, the injuries to the magazine looked so bad that I suspect it was shipped that way. I was incredibly disappointed and tried to contact Synapse to ask for a new magazine... the only problem is that you can not talk to a live person at Synapse. They have an automated customer service hot line with cleverly-worded questions that make it impossible to get satisfaction. Their website offers no other emails or phone number to contact for help. There is not even an option to cancel your subscription! Thankfully Amazon is very helpful and canceled for me. All in all I would say that Architectural Record is a great magazine and a must-have, just DO NOT order it through Synapse Inc.!!


No comments:

Post a Comment