Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Love of Quilting Big Discount

Title : Love of Quilting
Category: Quilts & Quilting
Brand: F&W Media
Item Page Download URL : Download in PDF File
Rating : 4.2
Buyer Review : 10










Review :
Love of Quilting
So-I am a subscriber to this magazine. When I signed up for it (back in february), they offered a free gift... (still don't know what that is yet..) Today I get this free DVD in the mail of patterns and such. I think 'oh this must be my free gift'... um. no. If you read the fine print, you have so many days to send it back if you don't want it or you'll be charged 13.95 (a savings of over 40%off the regular subscriber price!) Not impressed.

Five Stars
Terrific Magazine, great ideas, plans, etc!

Used to be one of the better ones, now too "modern" for me
I have recently noticed that my quilt mags are all looking the same these days. If one does a cheddar quilt, the others do as well. All have the same icky "modern" colorways in unsettling block layouts. All have the kits available and a certain sameness to the layouts. Have they all been bought by the same conglomerate???

Well, yes. FW Media now owns the MCCalls and Fons & Porter titles, and they have created a consistent look that is not appealing. Used to be we could count on F&P for scrappy traditional projects as well as more modern designs - now it's all modern all the time. Maybe the plan is to merge them all into one mag once they have wrung all the individuality out of them.

All that being said, there are so many very similar quilting mags out there so which gets our limited cash?

I used to go to the magazine stand and count the number of quilt patterns in the magazines that I'd consider making; the one with the highest number went home...

No comments:

Post a Comment