Monday, June 15, 2015

Model Airplane News Big SALE

Title : Model Airplane News
Category: Radio Operation
Brand: AirAge Publishing
Item Page Download URL : Download in PDF File
Rating : 3.4
Buyer Review : 11










Review :
The only game in town
If you are a avid R/C airplane person, this is the magazine to get. It is better than Model Aviation that comes with your AMA membership because it has articles and reviews of the latest products available -- Not just sections relating to AMA events/areas of interest. I always like to know about the latest gadgets available and how they relate to existing technology.
However, take all reviews with the understanding that they will never have a negative review (fearful of killing an up and coming manufacturer with a bad review). You have to read between the lines. But, after reading a few reviews you will understand what I mean.

Where's the beef?
There's no meat in this mag! Did I buy a catalog? There are better, more informative magazines in this hobby. It's not a bad rag, just not a good one. It does have alot of color photo's and decent reviews. They're not about things that interest me, though. If you like nothing but ARF's and are not interested in any other aspect of the hobby like building and designing then this magazine is for you.

Well, infrequently they have plans and other stuff. Mostly electric though. I'm a diehard "slimer" of the 1/2A variety.

Not much content
I took this magazine for a year and found it rather disappointing, there was little real content. I was starting to thing that all the magazines had become just ad space for retailers until I picked up Fly RC, I find that it has much more actual content.


No comments:

Post a Comment