Friday, June 19, 2015

Burda Plus - English ed Get Rabate

Title : Burda Plus - English ed
Category: Knitting
Brand: Verlag Aenne Burda
Item Page Download URL : Download in PDF File
Rating : 4.4
Buyer Review : 18










Review :
2 years ahead of the fashion curve! Light years ahead of ordinary plus size fashion!
I just reviewed Burda Moden, and much of what I said there applies here too.

First off, I'm a plus size lady.

I sew, and I love Burda magazines. Till recently I had an annual subscription and I need to refresh my subscription again. I always but always subscribed to both the regular magazine (which has a plus size section!) and the Plus magazine (which NEVER duplicates what you see in the regular one).

If given a choice I think I'd take the Plus magazine if I couldn't afford both.

Here are some helpful tips on why you might like to subscribe EVEN IF YOU DON'T SEW, and how to do so if you are out of the States area.

For Canadians there is a Burda magazine reseller, and it will cost about 10$ Canadian per issue. Which is MUCH less than a normal pattern now. So it saves you on patterns.

Burda has ways to subscribe for each country, just go to their website and click till you get the reseller for your own area...
wonderful patterns
Contrary to the previous review, the majority of the patterns in the Fall/Winter 2005 issue were normal sizes (5'6"). This particular issue contains 10 jackets (two of which were for petites), four skirts (one of them petite), three pants (one petite), and four shells (two petites). There were no dresses and no blouses with sleeves. The interesting fabric choices and the superb fashion photography were also excellent. This particular issue also had an article on how to change a petite pattern to a regular pattern and vice versa. The pattern pieces have unique sophisticated shapes, very interesting for the intermediate to advanced sewer. One thing I did find lacking was there was no casual sportswear. The magazine seems geared toward business suits and formal occasions.

I'm a Believer!
I ordered back issues of this magazine from an Ebay dealer in the UK after the Spring 2006 issue came out and I am sold not just on Burda Plus but on Berlin fashion designers as well- the women, anyway, make lovely, flowing but not "girly" clothes that are very wearable - Think Eileen Fisher or Flax but with darker, richer colors, fibers and textures, slightly more "fit" and more interesting shapes in a wider variety -- not just the same few repeated again and again. Clothes for the decades, not the season -- and the patterns are HERE! at least some of them, from designers like Evelyn Brandt, Doris Strietch (and another Berliner (female) whose name escapes me at the moment, but whose clothes I deeply admire.)

The fit is better than most American pattern companies - especially pants. If you make one garment from each issue the subscription has more than paid for itself. Good info on sizing patterns up or down in the back issues I recently received - keeping the...

No comments:

Post a Comment