Thursday, June 4, 2015

Mindful Birthing: Training the Mind, Body, and Heart for Childbirth and Beyond Get Rabate

Title : Mindful Birthing: Training the Mind, Body, and Heart for Childbirth and Beyond
Category: Pregnancy & Childbirth
Brand: HarperOne
Item Page Download URL : Download in PDF File
Rating : 4.5
Buyer Review : 86

Description : This specific Mindful Birthing: Training the Mind, Body, and Heart for Childbirth and Beyond works great, user friendly as well as adjust. The cost of this wa reduced when compared with other places we reviewed, and never far more compared to equivalent product

This specific item delivers overtake out anticipation, this has chaned into a amazing buy for myself, The theory came correctly as well as speedily Mindful Birthing: Training the Mind, Body, and Heart for Childbirth and Beyond


With Mindful Birthing, Nancy Bardacke, nurse-midwife and mindfulness teacher, lays out her innovative program for pregnancy, childbirth, and beyond. Drawing on groundbreaking research in neuroscience, mindfulness meditation, and mind/body medicine, Bardacke offers practices that will help you find calm and ease during this life-changing time, providing lifelong skills for healthy living and wise parenting.

SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF MINDFUL BIRTHING:
  • Increases confidence and decreases fear of childbirth
  • Taps into deep inner resources for working with pain
  • Improves couple communication, connection, and cooperation
  • Provides stress-reducing skills for greater joy and wellbeing
American College of Nurse-Midwives' Best Book of the Year Award: 2014
National Parenting Publications Award: 2013
Mom's Choice Award: 2013
Greater Good Science Center's Top Ten Books: 2012
 


Features :
  • Used Book in Good Condition

Review :
Planning on no pain meds? You NEED to read this book!
I only made it half way through this book and my son came early and even having only read half the book, I honestly don't think there is enough space for me to praise "Mindful Birthing" on here. I can't say thank you enough! When it came to having a natural child birth I can say the two biggest factors that kept me going were having a doula and reading this book. EVERYTHING Nancy says is dead on. I was just expecting to be in pain, I didn't know that the times between contractions are actually pleasurable because of oxytocin and that fearing the pain of the next contraction or getting caught up on the pain of the last one causes our body to produce adrenaline and that blocks oxytocin slowing down labor and making it more painful. In the 2nd part of labor I was actually falling in and out of sleep. There was a woman across the hall screaming her head off and I listened as the nurses mentioned all the pain meds they gave her and I had people in shock with how calm I was with no meds. My...
An accessible book on an important subject
I truly believe that this is the best book that I have read to prepare me for labor, birth and beyond. It is important for me to have a birth plan that is based in research. The birthing class that Bardacke outlines in the book is a modification of Jon Kabat-Zinn's mindfulness based stress reduction (MBSR) program, which is an evidence-based intervention. In addition, mindful birthing is starting to have research backing as well!

I finished reading the book last week and have begun the mindful meditations - as part of the preparation the author urges you to commit to at least 30 minutes/day 6 days/week of meditation practice. The skills that I am learning will be applicable way beyond my daughter's birth day. I also purchased the "mindfulness for pregnancy" app for my iPhone, which includes some brief guided meditations and personalized practices. In addition, I was told that they are going to release an audio version of the guided meditation on iTunes at the end of...
Could be the only book you need to read if you are pregnant
This book has the potential to cause a real shift away from the fear that has come to surround childbirth. By teaching tools to cope with whatever comes up in the birth process, Mindful Birthing is offering a way for couples to trust themselves to be able to work with whatever happens. In contrast to the movement of "trusting your body" or trusting the process" which can set people up for a feeling of failure, Mindful Birthing offers an alternative which can serve people throughout pregnancy, birth and parenting. And really throughout the rest of their lives. Beautifully and truthfully written, with no romance and no fluff. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment