Saturday, June 6, 2015

Childbirth Without Fear: The Principles and Practice of Natural Childbirth On Sale

Title : Childbirth Without Fear: The Principles and Practice of Natural Childbirth
Category: Pregnancy & Childbirth
Brand: Pinter & Martin Ltd
Item Page Download URL : Download in PDF File
Rating : 3.8
Buyer Review : 36

Description : This Childbirth Without Fear: The Principles and Practice of Natural Childbirth performs fantastic, simple to operate as well as modify. The cost of this wa reduced compered to other locations My spouse and i researches, and never far more when compared with equivalent product

This unique thing provides exceeded out anticipation, this one has turned into a fantastic replace on myself, The idea came safely as well as rapidly Childbirth Without Fear: The Principles and Practice of Natural Childbirth


In an age where birth has often been overtaken by obstetrics, Dr Dick-Read's philosophy is still as fresh and relevant as it was when he originally wrote this book. He unpicks every possible root cause of western woman's fear and anxiety in pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding and does so with overwhelming heart and empathy. Essential reading for all parents-to-be, childbirth educators, midwives and obstetricians!


Review :
GREAT BOOK - HORRIBLE COVER
My mother gave me this book when I was expecting my 2nd child. I loved it. It was my bible for the 9 months of pregnancy. This book helped me to decrease my labor time by over 80%. I would highly encourage any new mothers who are afraid to read this (but cover up the cover before you give it to them). This book, even though written by a man, still today is a guide to natural childbirth and helping a woman naturally through the great miracle of humanity. Once you read it, it requires commitment and dedication to the principles it teaches, but I can tell you it is very worth the effort. Working with your body, instead of fighting it, is the fundamental principle. A must read for any woman expecting. Just cover the front cover with paper, that is if you want the expectant mother to read it. ~KS

LOVE this book
Explains the process of labor in such detail. Also dives into how fear works against you, and how you can recognize it. His view on women laboring is extremely respectful and encouraging.
I would even say that, this book would be a good read for someone wanting to support, a lady in labor.
Good book to help prepare for labor.

Very intellectual/technical but repetitive and outdated
I found the intellectual and technical aspects of the writing very educational. I also found the basic explanation of why pain occurs during birth [i.e. fear = pain, no fear = no pain] to be enlightening but that was about all I took from the book and if you read this last sentence, you don't need to make the purchase.

I was hoping to walk away with more ideas on how to manage pain naturally throughout the three stages of labor but in the end, the only explanation was "as long as you aren't afraid, you won't have to deal with pain." I just don't buy this..... I mean, c'mon, you put a picture of a screaming woman on the front cover who is delivering her own baby and then go on to say that labor and delivery can occur without any pain? Oh; I see, you use the term "discomfort" instead, right labor is "uncomfortable" not painful. OK.

In addition, the book tells story after story of the experiences of women who were "forced" to take medical pain relief. I found the...

No comments:

Post a Comment