Saturday, June 6, 2015

The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant Big SALE

Title : The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant
Category: Pregnancy & Childbirth
Brand: Brand: Atria Books
Item Page Download URL : Download in PDF File
Rating : 4.6
Buyer Review : 248

Description : This particular The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant does great, simple to use along with change. The cost of is was reduced when compared with other places My partner and i explored, and not considerably more compared to related product

This specific item Offer overtake the anticipation, this has chaned into a fantastic buy for myself personally, The idea showed up safely along with rapidly The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant


Comforting and intimate, this “girlfriend” guide to getting pregnant gets to the heart of all the emotional issues around having children—biological pressure, in-law pressures, greater social pressures—to support women who are considering getting pregnant.

Trying to get pregnant is enough to make any woman impatient. The Impatient Woman’s Guide to Getting Pregnant is a complete guide to the medical, psychological, social, and sexual aspects of getting pregnant, told in a funny, compassionate way, like talking to a good friend who’s been through it all. And in fact, Dr. Jean Twenge has been through it all—the mother of three young children, she started researching fertility when trying to conceive for the first time. A renowned sociologist and professor at San Diego State University, Dr. Twenge brought her research background to the huge amount of information—sometimes contradictory, frequently alarmist, and often discouraging— that she encountered online, from family and friends, and in books, and decided to go into the latest studies to find out the real story.

The good news is: There is a lot less to worry about than you’ve been led to believe. Dr. Twenge gets to the heart of the emotional issues around getting pregnant, including how to prepare mentally and physically when thinking about conceiving; how to talk about it with family, friends, and your partner; and how to handle the great sadness of a miscarriage. Also covered is how to know when you’re ovulating, when to have sex, timing your pregnancy, maximizing your chances of getting pregnant, how to tilt the odds toward having a boy or a girl, and the best prenatal diet.

Trying to conceive often involves an enormous amount of emotion, from anxiety and disappointment to hope and joy. With comfort, humor, and straightforward advice, The Impatient Woman’s Guide to Getting Pregnant is the bedside companion to help you through it.

Features :
  • Used Book in Good Condition

Review :
Informative, practical and comforting: A must-read for every woman
This book is wonderful: not only an excellent read, it is informative, practical and comforting.

I am the impatient woman this book describes - although very philosophical, relaxed and healthy, I don't want to mess around with "seeing how things go". I have become very tired of reading material, both in books and on-line, which seems to perpetuate what I can only describe as false myths. There are next to no books of this kind written by academics who can pull together scientific facts to portray a real (and comforting) picture of how to get pregnant. The book debunks some very common myths by presenting facts from scientific studies in an easy-to-understand format.

I had just got to grips with OPKs and basal charts, when I got hold of this book. I have read and re-read it a number of times in my TTC journey. It's to-the-point, detailed, scientifically backed up and most of all, just comforting. I cannot reiterate how reassuring it is to read a book written...
Just okay
I'd recommend ordering the "Taking Charge of your Fertility" book over this one. I read the "Taking Charge" book when I was trying to get pregant with baby number one. I got pregnant after three months. When it took a little longer with baby number two and I had already re-read it, I ordered this book hoping it might have some other helpful tips for getting pregnant quickly. It refers to the "Taking Charge" book and provides other pretty basic tips that you could find online with a simple google search. Sorry... I just didn't find it that informative.

The only pre-pregnancy book I should have bought!
I hate to admit I bought at least a half dozen other books on pre-conception when my husband and I started thinking about starting a family. I am a real planner/researcher by nature and couldn't help myself from wanting to read everything ever written about pregnancy prep in the year or so before I was ready to actually start trying.

Well, let me save you some time and money: just get this book and read it cover to cover! That's all you need! If you're an over-achiever (or just like knowledge, like me) you should also get Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler, and then you'll really be armed with tons of information. I honestly think TCOYF should be standard issue to every girl on her 18th birthday--I aced high school anatomy and college biology, and dutifully went to yearly OB-GYN check-ups for twenty years, and yet I learned SO MUCH about my own body that was somehow new to me at age 35, just by reading TCOYF.

But, back to this book, The...

No comments:

Post a Comment