Saturday, June 6, 2015

The PCOS Diet Plan: A Natural Approach to Health for Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome SALE

Title : The PCOS Diet Plan: A Natural Approach to Health for Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Category: Other Diets
Brand: Celestial Arts
Item Page Download URL : Download in PDF File
Rating : 4.2
Buyer Review : 58

Description : This kind of The PCOS Diet Plan: A Natural Approach to Health for Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome functions great, easy to use along with adjust. The cost of is was lower when compared with other places I reviewed, and not considerably more than similar merchendise

This unique obcject delivers exceeded the anticipation, this place has become a amazing upgrade on personally, The thought showed up correctly as well as quickly The PCOS Diet Plan: A Natural Approach to Health for Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome


Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is the most common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age, and if left unchecked, is linked to serious health issues like infertility, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and endometrial cancer. In this groundbreaking book, registered dietitian Hillary Wright explains this increasingly diagnosed disorder and introduces the holistic symptom-management program she developed by working with hundreds of patients. With Wright’s proven diet and lifestyle-based program, you can influence your reproductive hormones and take charge of your health. Featuring a carbohydrate distribution approach at its core, The PCOS Diet Plan also zeroes in on exactly what exercise, supplements, and self-care choices you can make to feel better every day.
 
With information on how to develop healthy meal plans, choose a sustainable exercise routine, relieve stress, address fertility issues, and find emotional support, this accessible, all-in-one guide will be your trusted companion to a better life.




Review :
Adequate book but too complicated
This book gives a very nice overview of PCOS and a concise description of the syndrome. However, the diet plan that she lays out is quite complicated. It involves EXTENSIVE counting of carbs and basically, relies on the glycemic index to determine what and when to eat. For the most part, it is correct but it was too much for me to follow, while trying to cook for a family. Basically, I took control of my PCOS by:

1. Cutting out grains and refined starches (sugar, breads, pastas)
2. Cutting out root veggies (potatoes, carrots, onions)
3. Increasing protein
4. Increasing water.

That's it. That's all there is to it. I even allow myself one small helping of "Carb laden" food a day and have steadily lost weight and increased my fertility.

Seven pound weight loss in just over a week!
I was first diagnosed with PCOS nearly 18 years ago. After feeling as if the medical community completely ignored the condition, I gave up trying to halt the dangerous effects of my diagnosis and simply watched my hair fall out, my weight increase, etc. I've been on medications to counter the effects for over ten years and saw little improvement in my symptoms. Then, two weeks ago, a friend loaned me a copy of this book. For the first time in a long time, I was interested in learning more. I thought I had read it all. Wrong. Not once in all of these years has a physician told me to watch my carbs and that simple timing of the necessary carbs I do eat could really make a difference. I feel like an idiot for not making the connection sooner but, well, here I am. I am only about 12 pounds overweight. Not too bad for someone with PCOS but it is disconcerting because I watch as my weight slowly inches upward, no matter what I do. I don't fry food. I eat fast-food occasionally but...
Very good book! A must read for women with PCOS! Updated info!
Very thorough and informative. From following the meal plan laid out in the book I have already lost 10lbs. in not even a week! This isn't just a "diet" book although it says on the cover. It helped me understand the syndrome. I have read two other very well written books about PCOS and this is right up there with them if not better. The author provides info on studies that are very recent about PCOS. I feel more comfortable about my condition. This book helped me feel empowered with the proper info and tools to tackle this condition. I highly recommend this book to anyone that has PCOS.

No comments:

Post a Comment